Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Slacker has a new menu plan....

Yes, I am a slacker.  But I don't want to be!  I've been so busy in real life that I cannot seem to find time to even say hi!  It's a good busy though, so I'm not really complaining!

I'm not even sure if I've mentioned this earlier and I'm too lazy (and busy) right now to go look!  My husband and I are watching a friend's baby girl during the week while she is at work.  We've been watching her for just over a month now and so far, so good!  It's also given my husband and I a glimpse of what it would be like if we had two children.  We're so torn on whether or not our son will be an only child or not!

So between watching the baby during the day, spending time with our son and cooking dinner in the early evening, working on my two part-time jobs during the evening, I've not found the time to blog recently!  However, we did manage to come up with our next menu plan.  Seriously, will it ever get easier?  This is definitely a challenge that we want to overcome because it makes life SO much easier to have a menu for us!  I love being able to look at our menu each day and knowing what's for lunch and dinner and I love the fact that all of the groceries are in the house to make those meals!

Here is our menu plan for this week (yes, sorry I'm a day late in posting for Monday!)


Monday
  L - Grilled tuna salad sandwich
  D - BLAT wrap (again, one of our absolute favorites).  Just crispy bacon, lettuce, avocado and diced tomatoes wrapped up in a wheat or whole-grain tortilla!

Tuesday
  L - Avocado Bean Wrap - new recipe for us.  We omitted the chiles.  It was really good!  Our son wasn't too wild about the cabbage as I knew he wouldn't be.  He has a tough time chewing it up raw. So he just got the other fillings!
  D - Salmon Patties with Creamy Dill Sauce, jasmine rice and Baby Bok Choy  The Salmon patties were great the last time I made them.  Usually the recipes I've tried are too dry, but this wasn't.  The dill sauce is sooo yummy!  Bok choy - never ever made it or even ate it, so big experiment for us!  I will probably omit the cashews because I don't want to spend the extra money!

Wednesday
  L - Leftover salmon patties (maybe on a sandwich or in a wrap) and probably some roasted carrots and broccoli
  D - Chicken en papillote - from The Sonoma Diet cookbook.  SO good!

Thursday
  L - Quesadillas - whatever we have goes in it.  Typically leftover chicken, black beans, artichokes, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.  We'll probably use leftovers from dinner on Wednesday
  D - Turkey burgers, probably roasted veggies again since I'm sure we'll still have broccoli, onions and carrots and we'll also have some baked sweet potato rounds.

Friday
  L - Pasta Salad - haven't decided which yet.  I want to try a new recipe.
  D - Roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and probably a side of cabbage

Saturday
  L - leftover pasta salad - will be good since we're traveling to SC to pick up our raw milk for the month (again, isn't that ridiculous that the farms in SC can't sell in GA?  Crazy laws)
  D -  Carry out from our favorite Japanese place!

Sunday
  L - leftover roast and veggies
  D - Mexican casserole - we do not put the tortilla chips on the bottom.  We did the first time and did not like the weird thick crust it made.



I'm still working on what I can do ahead of time.  For example, today's lunch of the Avocado bean wrap - I could have already had the carrot, cabbage and cheese shredded.  I could have already made the creamy dill sauce for tonight's meal, etc.  So I'm working a little at a time on it.  I think I'm going to have to devote an hour on Sunday evening to looking at the menu for the week and figuring out what I can do to prepare ahead.

1 comment: